The SDK has basic support for VTOL vehicles.
Most design and test effort has gone into multicopter support. Get in touch if you would like to help enhance the VTOL/Fixed-wing experience!
Much of the functionality in the SDK is generic, and useful on all vehicle types. At time of writing the only VTOL-specific functionality are the actions to transition between fixed wing and copter modes.
The SDK can be used to command VTOL vehicles to:
- Take off and land in multicopter mode.
- Fly in multicopter mode and transition to fly in fixed wing mode.
- Fly missions, using the transition actions to switch between fixed wing after takeoff and back to copter before landing.
- Use the camera/gimbal and other generic features.
- You can't include the transition to/from fixed wing in the mission itself, but have to use the transition actions.
- VTOL takeoff in fixed wing mode is not supported.
- More research is required to confirm that no other VTOL APIs are required.
- VTOL specific testing needs to be considered and implemented.
Additional information/examples are linked below: